We posted an update regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 yesterday. However, as I am sure you can appreciate, this is an every evolving issue and we have had to make changes already. As previously stated we, at Carney’s Community, are taking the issue of COVID-19 extremely seriously and are constantly assessing the risk, along with assessing the risk of the other factors that impact on some of our participants (eg stress, mental health, physical health and abuse). We also have to prepare for the fact that we are already short staffed due to people self-isolating and not wanting those increase their risk of infection. With all this in mind, our current plan, with regards to sessions is:
- Community Boxing sessions (Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings and Saturday lunch time), will all be placed on hold for the moment, so will not take place until further notice
- Carney’s Coaches (Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday midday) sessions will all be placed on hold for the moment, so will not take place until further notice
- One to one personal training sessions will still be allowed as long as they pass the screening test, have their own gloves and are booked in with one of the coaches (these sessions will be non-contact)
- Drop in Youth club and Fit and Fed program (Monday and Wednesday evenings) will all be placed on hold for the moment, so will not take place until further notice
- Yoga sessions will all be placed on hold for the moment, so will not take place until further notice
- We will also be doing other, invite only support sessions/home visits with those most in need.
It is likely that things will change on a regular basis, so please remain in contact for future updates. You should also risk assess individually, as to whether you feel it is safe for you or your family member to come down to our centre. Please be assured that we have increased the amount of cleaning done at the centre, with it being cleaned prior to all large sessions. We have antibacterial spray and plenty of soap and water to keep everyone who attends safe. Please also ensure you and your families follow the government guidelines https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
In the meantime please be aware that other people in our community will be suffering more than usual now, so if you are in a position to be able to offer support, without putting yourself at risk, we would encourage that you please do so.
If you have accessed Carney’s Community Centre, or interacted with a staff member in the last 14 days and have recently tested positive for COVID-19 we ask that you contact us immediately so we can put safety precautions in for all of those that may have come into contact with you.
I will send further updates as and when is necessary and can be contacted on 02072280506 or at email@example.com. If you would like to be updated via our newsletter please sign up here https://carneyscommunity.wpsc.site/. We will also be updating situations on our Instagram story, as well as access to online work outs on https://www.instagram.com/carneyscommunity/.
CEO Carney’s Community