Carney's Community is looking for a new, full time, admin worker:
Carney's Community - London SW11
£23,000 a year
Carney’s Community are currently seeking an administrator to provide both clerical and administrative support to members of our team. This role will require someone who has good communication skills and the ability to deal with challenging individuals, whilst supporting the coordination and implementation of office procedures; where you will frequently have the sole responsibility for specific duties and tasks.
The role involves both written and oral communication, word processing and typing, and requires relevant skills such as Excel, organisational and presentation skills. Additionally, you need to have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
As an administrator, you'll need to:
- Ensure all data is handled confidentially & within GDPR guidelines. Deal with any enquiries or data requests.
- Liaise with staff and with external contacts
- Use a variety of software packages (including Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint) to manage data and produce documents and reports
- Manipulate statistical data (Views)
- Photocopy, scan and print various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
- Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Create and maintain filing and other office systems
- Keep diaries and arrange appointments
- Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes - shorthand may be required
- Book meeting rooms and conference facilities
- Arrange training for staff members
- General administrative duties to ensure the organised efficient operation of the building including management of the IT systems to support the booked use of Carney’s Community Centre and a record of site users.
Terms and Conditions
DBS: This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week) Spread across five working days (9-5pm).
The working of hours can be arranged more flexibly by mutual agreement
Salary: The agreed salary is £23,000 per annum.
Pension: We will offer a workplace pension in line with the current legislation. Employees opting into this scheme nominate their contribution alongside employer’s contribution and government tax relief.
Annual Leave: 28 days including statutory public holidays.
Probationary period: 3 months with provision for 3 month extension.
Job advert closing date: 9th April 2019 at 12 noon.
Interview date: 17th April 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £23,000.00 /year
- A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)